Sunday, May 2, 2010


Dear Toledo,


May is your month. The colors around here right now are simply amazing! You definitely know how to do spring. Sometimes people give you a bad rap, but those people don’t really know you. They need to get outside and soak up spring. The smells, the colors, the green….oh, I love it all. I am going to miss you. If you had asked me four years ago about you, Toledo, I don’t think you would have ranked very high my list. But a lot can change in 4 years. You are one of my favorite places, and you always will be.


Much Love,

Lindsay*


16 comments:

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Breathtaking!!! Very beautiful.

Shelly and Ken said...

I have to agree that spring is definitely Toledo's talent. It is absolutely gorgeous.

joyce said...

That is SO sweet!...and your pictures are so BEAUTIFUL!!! You have so many wonderful memories in Toledo. On to the next adventure...but oh change is hard! The boys are getting big...and man...they are SO cute!!! Can't wait to see you SOON!!! xoxo

Kathryn said...

beautiful pictures ... beautiful boys!!!
(love max's 'i could have had a V-8 pic' :)

Emilee said...

I love Midwestern springs. They are amazing! Your photos are gorgeous, and they really capture the moment (or month, as it may be.)

brittani c. said...

You captured it perfectly. I can't wait to see those tulips this week.

Jill Lau said...

Toledo is great! I was just going to post some pictures of the botanical gardens too but man after seeing your pictures I really want a nice camera. Have a GREAT trip! I hope it all goes well.

Lyndsay said...

I'm dying over your pics of the boys! Beautiful. Do you think Eric would mind explaining our camera manual to me?

dockters said...

Lynds...maybe Erik could sneak in some time between CSPAN and read the ins and outs of your new camera :)

Cari said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! i love ohio in the springtime too! :)

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so darling!! I can't believe it's been 4 years for you in OH! The flowers are gorgeous!

t.t.turner said...

Oh my gosh. 5th one from the bottom - amazing. Looks like a Busath portrait! You're such an incredible photographer, Lindsay!

Heather said...

Dear Linds,
Your pictures are AMAZING and your kids are beautiful! I wish you were here to take some family portraits for us! Let me know when you are in town!
Love, Heather

Cynthia said...

You are so good about getting pics of your kids often. The gardens are definitely beautiful in the spring!!

Delaps said...

I love the Botanical gardens! Your pictures are great of your kids.

grandmaVerda/GrandpaLeon said...

Hi, Dockter Family. What a fun evening I have had going over your newest pictures on your blog. What fun you have been having. I love the special pictures of the boys and mom and dad and the flowers and area around Toledo are just beautiful. It was so special to see you and now we can call Eric. Dr. Dockter. Great achievements. Love you all. Grandma VERDA