Saturday, December 6, 2008

One Month Old!

Max Jensen hit the 1-month marker today...which is just crazy! I have no idea where the time has gone. He continues to be such a sweet baby...really, Max is an angel. He loves to snuggle, and I am taking full advantage of this snuggle stage because it will be gone before I know it. He loves to listen to Sam chatter all day long and perks right up when he hears his big brother. And thankfully Max continues to be VERY patient while Sam works on being gentle!
The transition from 1 to 2 kids has not been completely smooth and easy. It's definitely a challenge! I'm slowly learning how to handle it all. Here are a few things I've learned over the past few weeks:

1) I can put off going to the bathroom longer than I ever thought possible
2) Getting showered everyday has become a major accomplishment
3) Changing 8+ poopy diapers in a day is nothin'
4) Carrying a tantrum-throwing 2-year old, a diaper bag, and a newborn in a carseat is also nothin'
5) My laundry basket fills up every time I turn around
6) I use the words "be soft" and "be gentle" at least 2,578 times a day

Life is good and I'm enjoying learning so many new things!

Anyway...I had to laugh when I got this video of Max today...because I have almost the exact same video of Sam when he was a month old! Enjoy, and listen carefully!

ps...do you think Sam and Max look alike?


Untitled from docktercrew on Vimeo.


Untitled from docktercrew on Vimeo.

14 comments:

Maria said...

that is too funny! It's strange how we remember these small moments, hu? Not sure if husbands would remember that kind of stuff or not. So happy for you guys! Glad things are going well. :)

Joanna said...

Hey guys we were just thinking back and were wondering what you guys were up to and thought we'd see if you had a blog since just about everyone does. Were glad you guys are doing good.

*b said...

Oh no, I better be careful. He's so scrumptious that I'm wanting a little one just like him. Shoot!!!

What beautiful children you have! Maybe they will like our girls in 20 years :)

*brittany

Karie said...

I remember that video! They must be brothers!
We missed you at the humanitarian aid service project today, but we understand that you kind of had stuff going. Another time! ;) I'm glad you've been able to have family out to visit you. We miss you tons and hope to see you when you come out next. Give those little darling boys squeezes for me.
Love ya!
Karie

Unknown said...

I love the eyebrows :) Zekey does the exact same thing and it is like he is passing judgement on me ;)

Cari said...

cute :) i think they look a lot alike! and wow, a month old already! what sweet brothers! way to go adjusting to two lindsay..i'm still so nervous! keep the tips coming :)

The Tate Family said...

Linds....I couldn't relate more with all of the things you have learned about having 2 kids. The tantrum thing is a multiple times a day event in my life....but, it gets easier in the sense that you learn not to care if it annoys people that your child is screaming as opposed to trying to keep them quiet so that people don't notice you. Good luck but it sounds like you are totally figuring things out. He is adorable by the way!

Kathryn said...

Sam and Max each knew you wanted them to do something... they just did the thing they knew how to do that came the most naturally :) :P :)
They DO look alike... both so handsome!
And your list is impressive :) and brings back so many memories <3
Love you guys.

joyce said...

OH..that is SO funny!...I am sitting here just laughing all by myself..too funny!! xo

Emily said...

Hey, We had so much fun watching your movies. We actually watched all of the ones you've made and it kept us entertained for at least an hour. You have such a cute apartment and an adorable family.

Kent and Leisy said...

I can't believe he's a month old!!!

Cynthia said...

that's hilarious! They do look a lot alike. I love the snuggle stage too, but I can't wait when Spencer can start smiling also- I love when they start responding to you.

Leeshie Lou said...

I Love these pictures linds... He is so super cute!

grandmaVerda/GrandpaLeon said...

You certainly captured the moment and the sound effect for both boys at about the same age for each. It was cute. Love you, Grandma VERDA