Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good weekend.


I was reminded of a few things that I really like this weekend.

First, I really like eating out.  Let me clarify that a little...I really like eating out without kids.  It's even better when good friends can come along.  We were able to enjoy an afternoon out with the Curtises.  And thanks to Indy's 'Devour Downtown' event we were able to eat out in style. 


Second, I really like when Eric has weekends off.  Like, really, really like it.  This month has been a good one.  Although we don't see much of him during the week, once those weekends come he's all our's! We went to the Indiana State Fair this weekend and our boys were in heaven.



Third, I like, no love, watching my boys try and see new things.  We did a lot of that at the fair.  While we didn't try the Doughnut Burger (barf), or the Fried Butter (double barf!), we did try out the ferris wheel and rollercoaster, we gawked at some giant pigs, and we giggled at head butting goats. 







Oh, and Max tried cotton candy for the first time.  I think he liked it.



10 comments:

joyce said...

Did you try the deep fried Oreo though?

Renae said...

deep fried butter?? bleck. Max is getting so big. Great pics as always! We miss you guys!

Cari said...

sounds fun :) cute cotton candy pics of the boys..something tells me kai would be a big fan of cotton candy as well :)

brittani c. said...

Fairs are so much better out here in the midwest. Can someone tell me how you deep fry Pepsi?? I should have done some investigation over there.

Cynthia said...

yay for Eric having a weekend off!!

I can't believe some of the strange things they make at the fair. Crazy!!

Kenna said...

I am usually a fan of most things battered and fried, but deep fried butter sounds awful!

Ashley Bohanan said...

We went to the Wisconsin State Fair over the weekend with my nephews. Indiana's looks very similar! They had the Krispy Kreme Burger at our fair, too. Your boys are so cute! Looks like fun:)

The Ziemers said...

Isn't it fun to have money to spend, even if it is just a little? Max is getting so big! I miss you, Lindsay!

grandmaVerda/GrandpaLeon said...

I love how you capture the moment. What fun. Love you, Grandma VERDA

Harrison's said...

What a great weekend! You guys are so fun! I love the cotton candy pics =)