Thursday, October 7, 2010

Taking pictures of kids is hard.  It's all luck really.  It seems that if I take about 500 pictures then I'm bound to have a least two, maybe three, that are semi-decent. 
Here are a few of the 498 that didn't turn out as planned.


Example #1: The Funny Face


Example #2: The Fake Smile


Example #3: The Gang Sign Fingers



Example #4: The Whine



Example #5: The Tongue



Example #6: The Sneeze   (Cyndi- DON'T look!!)



Discouraging, yes, but also hilarious.
After wiping his nose I did get a few photos of my 4 year-old Sam that I love.  He's one handsome guy, and his cowlick is one of my favorite things ever.   














14 comments:

Brammer Family said...

Ah! I always love the pictures you take Linds! Great eye! ;)

Kathryn said...

hahaha hilarious and handsome <3

brittani c. said...

I think any of those pictures is worthy of being used in your recent Groupon purchase. I'm very impressed with the gangsta signs he was flashing.

ahewitson said...

Love the pictures! Especially the snot one. You are a pro!

joyce said...

You are SO funny! I love this post! Sam is SO handsome...and so grown up! Seriously, you have a knack! xo
(does Sam know you posted the snot picture?...hahaha!)

Cynthia said...

I enjoyed the "pictures gone wrong"...so funny. Well I did until I got to the snot picture. I didn't notice the warning until I already saw the snot. I totally started gagging and had to block out the picture with my hand!!

Cari said...

you got some darling ones! as well as some hilarious ones!! so handsome!

Kent and Leisy said...

so so gross. I love it! what lens did you use for these shots?

Ashley Bohanan said...

This post made me laugh out loud. So hilarious. I can't believe how grown-up Sam is looking all of a sudden! Is he really four? Where has the time gone? You take great pictures, Linds.

Miss you and love ya tons.

Ashley

dockters said...

Leisy, I used my 35 mm, 1.8. And I didn't use it well in most pictures. It's tricky!

Sorry about the snot, Cyndi. I can just picture you gagging! :)


I miss you, too, Ash!! We need to set up a chicago date soon!

Marianne said...

super cute!! I love your photo skills and I'm sure it helps to have an adorable kid too!

t.t.turner said...

Amazing pictures, Lindsay! He looks so much like your husband in some of them!

Delaps said...

I love your pictures. Snot and Cowlicks does it get any better than that.

Harrison's said...

Lindsay these pictures are SO great!! And I don't know what you were talking about at the RS dinner about taking a photography class -- you need to teach one!!