I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I am not a crafter. I don't really have a crafty bone in my body. Would you believe that I didn't even own a glue gun until about a year ago? My very crafty younger sister was here visiting and nearly died when she realized I didn't have a glue gun. We made a late night run to Joann's and I made the big purchase.
Don't get me wrong, I think crafts look fun. Believe me when I say that I've 'pinned' my fair share of crafty activities; with the hopes of maybe, possibly attempting one of them. But crafts scare me. Maybe this is one of the reasons I have THREE sons and no daughters. My poor little girls wouldn't have handmade bows or dresses.
I decided last minute that my THREE little boys needed something special to wear for Easter Sunday. And what better way to look all spruced up than to wear a bowtie? We searched every store imagineable for bowties, but came up empty handed. Sam kept suggesting that I just make THREE bowties, but I the thought of that just made me nervous. It was now Friday afternoon and we had nothing, so I dug deep and pulled a little craftiness out of nowhere.
I let the boys each pick a fabric out of my scrap bag (how I even have a scrap bag is beyond me!) and I went to work. They were thrilled with the outcome, and I must say so was I. If you don't look too closely these little bowties aren't half bad.
And aren't my THREE boys absolutely handsome?
Our Easter was great. Eric spoke in church and gave a wonderful talk about our Savior and His Resurrection. Then we had a fun dinner surrounded by friends. Easter 2012 was a success, and I may even craft again.












9 comments:
I am laughing out loud right now. I just yelled to Dad in the kitchen to come and look at our adorable GRANDSONS on their BOWTIES!!! Yep....I do think that your THREE boys look absolutely handsome, too! You are such a good mom!!! xoxo
Your sons ARE absolutely handsome and I love the bow ties. I know how difficult it is to find bow ties for an adult, so I can only imagine there's practically none for little boys! And I can totally relate to the lack of, but desire to be crafty, but that's why I say they have Etsy :). You definitely seems very crafty and creative to me!
You did a great job with the bowties! They look adorable on your boys.
Trust me your crafty! I know because I am not. And you are definitely a league above me. Your talents are endless!
They are so darling! And way to go on the bow ties!!
SOOOO handsome!! I'm very, very impressed!
super impressed! You seriously have the cutest boys! And I love your pics from chicago!
So I am sitting here just gauking at your boys. Seriously, they are the cutest little guys! I am totally telling you the 110% truth, it's not one of those....awe, cute kids. I mean it's like....your kids are seriously cute. Have I made my point yet?
You've outdone yourself with the bowties. Absolutely adorable. Oh, this makes me miss your family! It kills me that I haven't met Jake yet.
Post a Comment