Sam is playing on his first ever soccer team this fall; and to say he's loving it would be an understatement. It seems he may have found his new passion in life!
Soccer practice was hysterical to watch. The kids were trying so hard and the coaches were being even more patient. I loved it. Sam seemed to be in awe of his coach. He wanted to sit right in front of him and kept telling him over and over, "I'm a good player. I'm a great player. I'm so good." I love his confidence.


Then came the actual game...that was even better. Somehow Sam seemed to know exactly what to do! He would run down the field dribbling the ball with his little feet and then actually try to kick it in and score. (Granted, he had his moments of picking up the ball with both hands, carrying it right in front of the net and then kicking it in. But still!) He was a natural, and anyone who knows me can vouch when I say that these athletic abilities certaintly did not come from his mother!I literally had to drag him off the field so that his other teammates could get a chance to play. He did not want to stop. He was so proud of himself, and I have to admit that I was beaming. Watching him have such a great time was so rewarding. I loved it, almost as much as he did.





7 comments:
how fun! I'm super jealous and can't wait till we start doing fun stuff like that! did you see the open gym/mat time at the y for toddlers that Kim posted on google groups? we've got to go!
Cute pics! Looks like he loves it already! I too, am I soccer Mom! Isn't it great? ;)
Oh..that looks so fun! I have got to come to see a game! Where is that cute video of Sam at the game?...you need to post that, too!...it is so cute! I guess I am a bit proud too! xo
He did do AMAZING! I can vouch for that.
Awe the love of sports! We love soccer and basketball at our house! => Cute Sam. You have the best smiling kids around! So CUTE!
Hi Soccer Mom and Sam. What fun. I am proud of you both. How is Max holding up? I love your blog. Hello to Eric. Love you, Grandma
The soccer jerseys look like night gowns on those kids. Watch out when he begins flag football. Runningback, I think?
Post a Comment