Friday, September 10, 2010

Long weekend.

A visit from Jim and Joyce (aka Gram and Pops) is always a highlight.  Combine that with a long weekend break for Eric and we're in heaven.  We took advantage of our time together and headed to Nauvoo, Illinois for Labor Day weekend.

Nauvoo was beautiful.  The temple was especially gorgeous.  Everything was so, so green and lush.  Illinois definitely hasn't experienced the drought that our poor grass in Indianapolis has.   The weather was lovely; we wore jackets and felt almost cold in the evenings.  Fall is coming...hooray!

The Church has a great family area in Nauvoo that the boys loved.  The history and old buildings didn't catch their attention, but the pioneer costumes, games, and horses certainly did. 





Some other Nauvoo highlights included the Grape Festival; where the boys rode rides and we ate the best onion rings and worst tacos ever.




The guys also found time to golf, redneck style, in nearby Hamilton.  Sam tagged along and loved every second of it. 

After our roadtrip, we had a couple of days in Indy to show my mom and dad the sights.  A favorite was riding around the canal district on this:
We looked like total nerds, but it was totally worth it. 

We also hit up the Children's Museum, which is an absolute must. 

 
We had such a great time!  Max keeps asking where Gram and Pops went.  He and Sam miss them already.  So do I!

Come again!

9 comments:

Ryan, Candace, Jack and Macie said...

Nauvoo looks like fun. The temple is gorgeous! Linds you hair looks really cute! Jack was really sad he couldn't go to Sam's birthday:( he still misses his best friend!

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a great time. the temple pic looks awesome.

joyce said...

ummmmm...you forgot to mention the funnel cake! xoxo

Julie Sacks said...

Did you get a hair cut? It looks super cute! I have been on those same walking sticks in nauvoo, so fun!
So I too had a dream that I had a girl, the night after you texted me about your dream. I woke up at like 2 am and thought, awesome dream. When I went back to sleep I had another dream I had a boy... not so awesome.

The Ziemers said...

I love that temple picture and your hair looks awesome!!! You should print a copy and hang it on the wall. I'm glad you had fun with your folks. Miss you!

Dusty. said...

you guys are always having so much fun! you motivate us to get out and explore:)

grandmaVerda/GrandpaLeon said...

What a great adventure you had going to Nauvoo and there about. You all look so happy, and I know your mom and dad were delighted to be with you for the long weekend. Sure love you all. Grandma VERDA

Cynthia said...

How fun to have your parents come visit and Eric have time off. That really is a miracle!
The Nauvoo temple picture is amazing!! Very good picture taking skills!

I'm Ally said...

So jealous of the bike on the canal.
So jealous.