Saturday, May 7, 2011

Some recent highlights

I've realized more than ever lately that I'm a need-something-to-look-forward-to-person.  Are you one of those?  You know, you need something fun, something different in the near future to keep you going and plugging along?  

Eric's work schedule the last few months has most definitely brought this to my attention.  Life as a resident/resident's spouse can be tough.  I don't want to complain or wish my life away, but I gotta be honest...it's hard!

There I said it.  
Now, on to some recent highlights!

The boys were thrilled with this recent garage sale find.  They were even thrilled to scrub the years and years of spiders' webs off of it. 


Sam has started t-ball and loves it!  He was, however, a little disappointed about his team being assigned to wear purple.   He pulls it off nicely though.


Max loves going to the games and honestly thinks he's part of the team.  He wants to sit in the dug out and be on the field, and can't understand why he doesn't get to do everything his big brother does.


We saw some of my favorite girls, ever, a week ago.  It was kind of a last minute thing, but it was perfect.




My life is so good.  Now...if we can just get through the next 3 weeks...Eric has a week of vacation coming up.  I can hardly wait!

6 comments:

joyce said...

When did Sam get that tatoo?....hummmm! Sometimes last minute things are the best! xo

Kent and Leisy said...

I am SUCH 'something to look forward to' person! I'm sure residency will only make that more so! your kiddos look older in every post! zeb's doing soccer this year- but FOUR of his five games have been rained out. lame-o! and those books that sam's reading- did you buy them somewhere or are they from the library? I've been using them for zeb- but the library doesn't have all of them and I don't know where to get them! can't wait to see you guys in june!

Julie Sacks said...

I'm totally with you! I am always looking for the next thing to come up. And esp after having Carter I felt like I had NOTHING going on...and then we found out we were moving, boy does that give you a lot to do all of a sudden! Although, I wish it was an amazing vacation instead of packing! I hope you have a great vacation with Eric, I'm counting down the days Justin is done with programming and we can enjoy a couple weeks of the great 4th year we keep hearing about!

Amber Marie said...

I love your traditional and non-traditional easter festivities! it is hard being a resident's wife, especially pregnant! looks like you have some good friends around though. congrads on your 3rd boy- whew! my mom had 5 in a row so she knows how it goes :)

Kelsey said...

Love those boys! Molly and I are so happy that we got to come out and see ya! We're excited to see ya again in a few weeks! Love ya

brittani c. said...

Ah, vacation. It's amazing what one heavenly week will do to your soul. I'm sure you'll relish it before this baby comes and things will turn upside down again! ;)