Friday, January 4, 2013

Fiddy Cent

 
Sam wanted to earn some extra money this afternoon.  I gave him a few small chores, but he wasn't satisfied; he wanted more.  So, I told him he could earn 50 cents by reading a whole chapter book this afternoon.  He picked up MagicTreeHouse #3, planted himself on the couch for a good 2.5 hours and earned that 50 cents. 
 
Eric calls me cheap.  I, however, prefer frugal.

5 comments:

kmo said...

Your posts just make me laugh. Boys are so different than girls. Sam is really dedicated to read for that long. I hope he buys something good with his hard earned money.

Cassidy said...

I like it! Bo and I have been thinking of doing the same. I think I'm going to have Carter do book reports. :)

joyce said...

Sam's nose looks so much better!...just a little black and blue. Seems like his sledding accident would have been reason enough to give him 50 cents though!! Haha! xoxo

I'm Ally said...

That's, like, 20 cents an hour! C'mon, Linds. Sam has some rights, doesn't he?

Julie Sacks said...

2 1/2 hours!!!!! That is amazing!!! I'm super impressed he is reading that well!