Monday, January 14, 2013

Thirty!

Today I turned 30!
How in the world did that happen?
I don't feel 30.  I still feel like I could walk back onto BYU's campus and fit right in, but I know that's not the case.
And surprisingly, I am okay with it.
 
30 feels good.
(So far.)
 
I am happy. Truly, truly happy!
A lot has happened in my 30 years, and I wouldn't change a bit of it if I could.
 
Life is good.
 
 
I celebrated with my favorite boys tonight.
 
 
Eric gave me the sweetest gift.  With the help of many family members and friends, Eric compiled a book of pictures, letters and memories about me.  I absolutely love it!!
I cried so many happy tears today reading words from some of my favorite people.
 
 
We went to a hibachi restaurant for dinner and the boys were certain we were dining with real life ninjas.  They were in heaven!
 
 
I also got spoiled by a couple of my favorite friends.
 
 
 
It was a fabulous day.
Thank you to everyone who made turning 30 so fun!
 
I am one lucky girl....or um, lady? 

8 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Happy Birthday, Linds! I can say from experience that your 30s are wonderful! By the time you're thirty you've had a chance to settle into your life and you can look back with satisfaction about what you've accomplished.
Welcome to the club!

Tricia said...

Happy birthday! You definitely don't LOOK 30 :). You're both beautiful inside and out! Your boys are adorable as always - can't believe you have three already by 30!! I still have three years to go, but I'll be lucky to have #2 when I turn 30 :).

Kent and Leisy said...

30s are the BEST!! happy birthday!! I'm glad your day was so great!!

Cassidy said...

I'm glad your day was so great!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Cynthia said...

Happy birthday! 30 looks beautiful on you!

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday!!! You don't look a day over 21!

Lindsay Adams said...

Happy birthday to one of my favorite people. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend and example.

Love ya!

brittani c. said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday and glad that you're done with another awful month of residency. Eric is so thoughtful despite being so busy (such a cute idea to make a book!) Hope you're enjoying some good time with your family in Utah. xoxo.