Sam is all about earning money these days.
He wants a Nintendo DS so, so bad. He talks about getting one every. single. day.
I don't really even know where he's seen one. I think a lot of the boys in his class at school have them and talk about them a lot.
Eric and I told him that he'd have to save his own money and buy one himself. Even Santa won't bring him one of those!
So, Sam is saving up. Slowly, but surely.
He's got to earn about $100. He's got $9 so far.
But Sam doesn't give up. He'll make that hundred bucks.
He said that the only thing he wants for his birthday (in August) is a fifty-dollar bill because he's certain that by then he'll have earned $50 of his own and then he'll have enough to make his big purchase.
As much as I dislike the idea of him having a Nintendo DS, I love the idea of him working hard, saving, and earning it completely on his own.
He's growing up way too fast!

2 comments:
we got both one for zeb AND ike at yard sales for ten dollars a piece! check craigslist! or see if anybody in your ward has an old one they'd sell! unless he wants the 3d one- you should be able to find a cheap one somewhere!
Both of my kids have them and they love them. good luck sam!!
Post a Comment