Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sam is 2!!!

Where does the time go? I can't believe our sweet Sam is two years old today!! It has been the most wonderful 2 years with Sam around. Here are a few highlights:







We spent the day celebrating! Eric had the day off today! How lucky was that?! Sam woke up to find balloons and his special request, "worm gum" (gummy worms). He couldn't have been more happy!!

We then headed up to Ann Arbor to visit the Hands On Children's Museum. Sam loved it! And it was great to finally check out the fun city of Ann Arbor.

Sam was totally spoiled today! He loved opening his presents. It took us nearly all afternoon to open his presents though. He would get distracted with each one and did not want to stop playing to open another one. He even wanted to sleep with two of his new birthday gifts. I don't know how well he'll sleep with his garbage truck and tractor next to him...we'll see how the night goes!


Sam also LOVED blowing out the candles on his cake and singing happy birthday. Today was a fabulous day and we were lucky to spend ALL day together!




Happy Birthday, Sam!

16 comments:

joyce said...

I am crying while I look at these darling pictures!!! Good thing I've got some tickets in my cupboard!!! Two years ago today was a wonderful day!!! Sam came to earth and Josh came home from Chile...ahhhh...Pure JOY!!! Happy Birthday Sweet Sam! I love you SO much! Gram

Kent and Leisy said...

I love the last picture of you two kissing him!! happy bday sam!

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday Sam!! So glad to hear that Eric had the day off. What a fun day for all of you!

Maria said...

Happy Birthday! I remember when you first came to church and had your brand new little baby! He was so tiny. I loved your carseat, too!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM! You all look like you are having a fabulous time as a family! Sam is such a cutie! I love the "get in the hole" movie!

Cari said...

what a fun day!! happy birthday cute sam!! :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!! and you look great Lindsay :)

Ryan, Candace, Jack and Macie said...

Happy Birthday Sam--don't worry guys I swear 3 is way worse than the terrible 2's! The museum looks like so much fun. We will definitely need to check it out.

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday Sam. Love you guys. <3

The Tate Family said...

Cutest picture of you guys kissing Sam!

SLCDramaGirl said...

Happy Birthday, Sam! Wow! Two years old and you are such a fun little man! We love you and miss you! (Your momma and daddy, too!)
Love,
Aunt Carol and Uncle Richard
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

brittani c. said...

What a fun little b-day party. He looks like a very happy boy.

Jill Lau said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!! Looks like you had a great day. I just wanted to tell you that we got that chicco double stroller and I remember you saying you liked that one. It was on sale not too long ago and I also have an extra 15% off coupon that you are more than welcome to have. Just thought I would let you know. You can have the coupon if you need it either way. Have a great day!

Janie said...

I love seeing all the cute pictures of your darling family. I can't believe Sam is already 2. I've gotta see him before he is all grown up. He's a lucky little bow, that picture of the two of you kissing him is priceless.

Beth said...

How darling! What a great birthday celebration. I've never heard of that museum, it looks like a great place. What a fun day!

Lindsay said...

What a fun little family you have! How nice to have some time together. School can be so busy! It looks like you had a lovely day!